Thesis is a written scientific work prepared by master students, in accordance with scientific principles and ethics, under the guidance of main and co-supervisors from home or abroad. Among the scopes are English Language Teaching (ELT), linguistics and ELT, literature and ELT, culture and ELT, and educational technology and ELT. It is main requirement to complete the master degree in the English Language Education, Faculty of Teacher Training and Education, Universitas Ahmad Dahlan.
Thesis is a final project that has a study load of 6 credits starting from proposal defense, supervision process, finding examination, final thesis viva, and final revision with a total period of not more than 6 months (one semester).
- Academic Requirements
A student is allowed to take a thesis project after completing the following academic requirements:
- Registered as a student in the academic year concerned.
- Collected 36 credits and have passed courses related to writing, research methods, and thesis proposals with minimum score of B.
- Has minimum GPA of at least 3.00.
- Has no final score of C, D, or E when submitting the thesis proposal.
- Submit the TOEFL test report with a minimum score of 500 issued by UAD language laboratory.
- Attach at least 1 certificate as presenter and 3 certificates as the participant of national/international conference either overseas or domestic conferences.
- Submit at least 1 academic publication indexed by Scopus/Shinta 3.
- Administrative Requirements
The student who wish to take a thesis must also meet the following administrative requirements:
- Has paid tuition fees for the academic year concerned.
- Has written thesis course in the study plan (KRS).